Peoria Alcohol and Drug Rehab Is the Best Choice for Lasting Recovery
Oxycodone (OxyContin) is a common prescription drug that is used recreationally. Vicodin also falls into this category. Symptoms associated with Opioid abuse include:
- Low blood pressure
- Diminished breathing rate
- Lack of coordination
Symptoms of Opiate Addiction
While opiate offer pain relief, the effects of it are short-lived and one can easily get an addiction. Opiate addiction can be recognized by the following symptoms:
- strong desire to consume opiates
- difficulty to control behavior
- lack of interest in life and other recreational activities
- drowsiness and excessive sleeping
- weight gain/weight loss
- excessive borrowing on money without explanations
- heavy limbs
- lack of personal care, causing a bad appearance
- hang outs with opiate users
According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the groups of people that are more vulnerable to opiate addiction than others, include people who are mentally-ill, people that have a history of substance abuse, take a high dosage of opiates, indulge in doctor shopping and low-income people.
The alarming rise of opiate addiction has led to numerous counter addiction measures by the government of Peoria which include the Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs). The purpose of PDMPs is to keep track of the prescriptions given to patients, provide education, raise awareness, decrease pills mills, cut down on doctor shopping and encourage environment friendly disposal methods for unnecessary or expired medication.
Prescription Drug Abuse in Peoria
Have you ever taken a medicine that goes astray from the prescription provided by the doctor? Or have you ever taken a medicine that you discovered lying around in the house? Is there any medication you took lately because it made you feel high? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you are most likely heading down the path toward prescription drug abuse.
Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What To Expect:
- Professional Treatment that Works
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Comfortable and Clean Facilities
- 12-Step Small Group Therapy
- Safe Medically Supervised Detox and Rehab
- A Complete Dual Diagnosis Rehab Facility